Monday 11 July 2011

New Beginnings Part One - Old Favourites!











Well hellllooooo there again!

It seems that my epic adventures are not as regular as my 103 training runs used to be :(
But here I am again!

It was my last day of employment on Friday, picture of me in the van for the last treck off to Ipplepen.

So what better way to spend a weekend than celebrating my new life and new start eh?

Thanks to Keiley Dennis for the gym training session and then the cake and wine celebration after, which went very well and the tweeting was hilarious. Only we can sit next to each other in the same room and tweet to each other haha

Anyway, nice classes Saturday morning and then a chilled out afternoon with the dogs, followed by a dog bathing session!

Early night Saturday, very odd indeed and up early to..... yep...... you guessed it, thinking the photos may have given it away, but I ran some Coast Path! Woohooo!

I ran Salcombe to Hope Cove and back again. It must have been a special rambling day as there were loads of them, but all very friendly, all got out of my way, and all made me feel very special indeed with their lovely comments. Thanks ramblers, you are ace!

Big test of the achilles today, and yes, it really hurt on the big inclines, but I ran on my toes a bit more and managed to deal with it.
To be honest I didn't care as it was just so so lovely to be back out there again loaded up and back with my pole! (ooer)

So running back to Salcombe there were no waves to speak of, and none at Bantham from what I could see from Hope Cove so I had a brainwave! (rare, I know)
I would paddle in the cold sea and help heal my ankle straight from the run, and if I go in thigh deep I can sort my legs with some cool water to prevent muscle ache!

So I did it, and all the holiday makers in their bikinis and trunks chilling out on the beach were suddenly confronted with me in my running gear pegging it into the water! I didn't care and after 10 mins I waded out and my ankle did feel better, or numb, or both!

So, part one, done, part 2 really wont interest you at all, it will be my most boring so far, dare you to read it haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment