Thursday 28 July 2011

My Mummy's visit






I wanted to give this blog justice and I've been busy!

My lovely Mummy visited me this weekend as she does every 2 months (more than I go to see her and I feel bad) but due to my recent job loss I was able to actually meet her at the station again and take her to the B&B (I have a tiny tiny house)

Thursday night consisted of a Totnes in Bloom meeting, a 'Tweetup' in the New Walk Brasserie (very nice) and then a bit of a session in 'The Albert' on the dark side of Totnes in Bridgetown. We met Albert the Springer Spaniel, a customer got an apple thrown at his head and I woke up the next morning with a bit of a headache!

Friday, I've already blogged our Zoo adventure! We came home and had Fish and Chips and a sober one!

Saturday morning, Boxercise out on the field, it was fantastic out there in the sun, and then back to change for our next adventure!

We went over to Tavistock. I used to go there with my best friend Sarah so I know Tavistock very well indeed but have never actually been there with my Mum.

We parked in my favourite carpark (I am sad) by the river and Meadowlands leisure pool! Walked into Town and to the Pannier Market. It was lovely walking round there with Mum but soon I was needing a wee (haha) a pint and some food!
We went to the Tavistock Inn, a pub I used to go in with Sarah and her Mum and Dad. We used to go in there and put songs on the jukebox, we had Kirsty McColl Days and always put on 'The Walk of Life' for Sarah's Mum!
The old jukebox is still there but no longer working, in fact the whole pub hadn't changed at all since we used to go there over 20 years ago! That's probably not a good thing haha :)

We had cheesy chips and then hit the town! Or should I say, the shops, which to be fair I dont think you go to Tavistock for.
Anyway, I decided to confront another viaduct whilst we were there! I made it near it anyway, it was a big one!

We had a BBQ that night and a lush walk back after a few Ginn Fizzes before bedtime (Waltons)

Sunday, I went for a cycle, run and my place of worship, the Gym whilst Mum went to sing hymns and see her Totnes Church friends.
Then we went to the Dragon Boat races at Longmarsh.

A beautiful afternoon by the river, we took the dogs (Murphy with his bandaged paw) and spent all afternoon there. My lovely friend Amy was there for the Steam Packet for their first race but then had to go to work, so we did have a brief visit to the Steam Packet to say hi, then back to see Britannia Royal Naval College just about beat the Rugby club team, erm, I mean Nelsons Waterman.

Then home for a Chinese takeaway and some wine! Perfect!

I miss my Mum and love and cherish her visits to Devon. I hope one day she will visit and never have to go back on that train back to Surrey again.

This one's for you Mrs Wright :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment