Friday 22 July 2011

Dartmoor Zoological Park





Evening all!

Wow! Frantic session trying to upload animal photo's! My dongle really doesnt like it haha ;)

So today me and Mum had a van trip to Dartmoor Zoo, I follow them on Twitter and also hear about them on Radio Devon all the time so thought we had better go there before the Epic Hollywood Film comes out!

It was lovely out this morning as we walked through Totnes Market so we had high hopes for good weather, but Dartmoor being Dartmoor yep, you guessed it, the rain came in!
Luckily we both had brollies and in true English Fashion we went to find some animals that were hiding from the rain :)

We, or should I say I, had the usual 'Dear' jokes as you would expect! Mum did fall for the what do you call a dear with no eyes joke on the way out which greatly surprised me! I'm the gullible stupid one in our family ;)

We wandered around, I spoke to a lot of animals as is my way, none of them answered back today, although Mum did do a good job of speaking for them just to humour me I think but they were all great!

A few didn't come out I am thinking due to the rain but the Otters gave us an immense display of playfulness which entertained for a long time!

We saw Big Cats, The Cheetah, Tigers and Lions and my most favourite of the whole day, the Wolves. Beautiful creatures!

We said hello to the Meercats, had a cup of tea (well I did) bought a copy of the book, 'We Bought A Zoo' and off we went back across to Cornwood and home.

Fantastic wet day at the Zoo with my lovely Mum.

Speak soon my lovelies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment