Monday 27 June 2011

Black Belt presentation weekend









Got the frock, got the van loaded, started on my way to Thurlestone......

Got to Kingsbridge Hill and picked up 'Rainbow' aka Debbie and her boyfriend making their way home to Kingsbridge after some sort of hippy, I dont want to wash at all weekend festival!

The open window worked and they were very nice folk!

Dropped them off in Kingsbridge and drove to Thurlestone. Unfortunately the sea-side car parks are locked at night so I parked near the hedge in the hotel back-up car park! (pee-coverage!)

Laid out my bed, opened a beer and got ready for the night.

Very very Agatha Christie to start with, Pimms and croquet on the lawn, absolutely rubbish at croquet, dont have the patience for it,need an Agatha role, probably murderer! haha

Anyway, buffet and then presentation of new belts! I can honestly say I've not been so proud of myself for a while. New belt, special trophy and a fantastic evening!

Everyone left, quick pint in the local and then off to sleep in the van!


Woke up 8am, off I went to Bigbury, parked up, got on running gear and off on the coast path!

I managed about 6 miles, there is one hill I've put the pic on for you, achilles damaged I cant run, but will do London 10k for alopecia charity as it's flat! Anyway, no morbid here!

Got back to the van, had a cupppa and met Ian and the nephews and the lovely Sophie.

Got wetsuited up, waxed and off we went into the may as well be flat sea!
Again, another Agatha moment as we were right by Burgh Island!

Stayed in the sea got about 3 waves, the last smashing my shin on a rock and then BBQ and sunburn time!

When Ian gets back from Turkey and gets his photos uploaded from his special waterproof cam I will update this blog!

Great weekend, it's good to get out of Totters sometimes, and dress up, and have a little me time and forget all your horrible worries!

See you soon................

No comments:

Post a Comment