Sunday 12 June 2011

Black belt grading and road trip!



Hi all, great 'Epic' one for you today. There will be less blogs on this one I think as Epic adventures cant happen any more than once per week, sometimes not even that, but I will try my best ;)

Friday night grading preparation, off to the lovely Keileys house for Cider and Whiskey. I have always said I train better after a drink, sounds odd but the times I have actually behaved myself before something sporty I have been pants!

Up early, aired my smelly sparring gear, sorted out 'Road Trip' CD's ate a massive omelette and I was ready to go.

Ma'am (aka Lesley Mc Ghie my awesome Instructor) turned up, into the van and off we went to pick up Mr Wood!

As I have a new future ahead of me in terms of training Lesley and I had a great chat about ideas of how we can work together, expand South Hams Martial Arts and also get me earning some money. We will discuss further, its an epic in itself!

Picked up Mr Wood at Exeter Park and Ride (not sure yet if to Blog the dropping off at Park and Ride yet!)

So off we go, happy little Road Trip to Salisbury! :)

3 hours later, we arrive at the Boxing gym, Joanna, Debbie and Sam, Mr Wood's students were already there, beautiful sunshine we went through all we had to do outside on the grass.

As usual I was fired up on Coke and Haribo! Hand Wraps on, belt on, hairband on and off we go! Bring on the grading :)

Inside the gym is a beautiful Boxing Ring, something I've never been in before, it's always been mat sparring, even when I did American style Kickboxing. Soooo excited!!!

Warm up, line work, ankle holding up due to immense adrenalin rushes! haha

Onto the padwork, one of 'Sirs' Instructors held pads for me, he is a kickboxer, and a good one at that, held pads beautifully, I loved it. I could give it my all, he could take a good punch so I went all out and smacked them as hard as I could!
Then the other students change over pads, and I get my second session! Fantastic! I was so so hot and tired, out of breath, it happens so rarely I love it when it happens. Got me grinning like a Cheshire Cat, I love the pressure and pain!

Padwork over! Phew *deep intake of breath* I was absolutely cream cracker'd!

Sparring Gear on!

Back in, floor work sparring, felt good, wired and tired all at the same time!

Then in we go! Hands up who want to go into the ring first, guess what? Me and Jo my lovely Thursday night training partner, we were so excited in we went and held the centre of the ring! haha, we are so used to sparring with each other on the balcony in a tiny space between the bin and the railing it was commented that we could have had a fight in a phone box!

Had a good session with the Instructor there, Jo said I didnt kick enough, fair enough but I had my punching head on and got him on the ropes so that made me happy :)

Sparring kit off, Debbie dug herself into a bit of a last minute 'I want to do more padwork' hole, at which we all watched and then we were done!
The Road trip back was ace, lots of 'sing-along-a-Whitesnake' much to Mr Wood's annoyance, but it was a happy trip home, I wont comment about Mr Wood's car and the park and ride, but he got home ok!

I am now a 2nd degree Kickboxer and I am the happiest person in the world!

New epic coming soon, maybe even next weekend??? Watch this Blogspace :)

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment